Applications for this year's European Pain School (EPS 2017) are open.
The European Pain School will be held in Pontignano, near Siena, Italy, next 4-11 June 2017. With a faculty of leading experts in the field, the European Pain School provides comprehensive and interdisciplinary training to younger scientists. The central theme this year is: “CNS vs PNS Contributions to Persistent Pain”. Now in its 14th cycle, the School has become a landmark in the area of Pain Research. Young scientists worldwide, at the Ph.D. or postdoctoral levels, in all fields of pain science and pain medicine are encouraged to apply.
The confirmed faculty comprises:
- Anna Maria Aloisi*, Siena, Italy
- Giancarlo Carli*, Siena, Italy
- Marshall Devor*, Jerusalem, Israel
- Robert Gereau, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Patrick Haggard, London, UK
- William Maixner*, Durham, NC, USA
- Tamar Makin, Oxford, UK
- Jordi Serra*, Barcelona, Spain
- Camilla Svensson, Stockholm, Sweden
- Andrea Truini, Rome, Italy
- Manfred Zimmermann*, Heidelberg, Germany
*EPS Board Member
Applications are open exclusively through the website until 8 February 2017. Attendance is limited to 30 participants; priority will be given mostly on the basis of scientific background. The EPS 2017 is endorsed and supported by IASP and the University of Siena.